THE YEAR IS COMING TO THE END AND YOU ARE PLANNING A NEXT VACATION. MAYBE YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THE SAILING VACATION?
WHEN YOU ARE PLANNING A SAILING TRIP YOU MUST KNOW A FEW THINGS:
1. Know which period you are planning for sailing vacation - which week you have booked in your schedule for sailing and you have to know that the rental price of a boat depends on whether it is a pre-season, season or postseason. Of course, prices are highest in the season, which includes the middle of the June till the middle of the August
2. Know that the charter week in Croatia lasts from Saturday to Saturday - which means you are can step on a boat on Saturday afternoon, usually at 5PM and you have to return the boat on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning, usually up to 9AM.
3. Know whether you want a sailboat, catamaran or motorboat - depending on your needs and interests. If you are not sure, ask your charter agent
4. Book your boat on time - take your First-minute discounts and do not wait for the Last minute because probably the boat you wanted is already booked
5. Know if you need a skipper or not - if you are an experienced sailor and have a valid nautical license, you probably do not need a skipper. If you sail for the first time or you are not sure of your sailing skills we recommend taking a local skipper who knows the place, the sea and the local weather.
6. The port fees vary and the amount depends on the size and length of the vessel
7. At the peak of the season, in big nautical and tourist places, it is necessary to get to the port earlier in a day and if necessary announce your arrival to the port captain or person responsible for receiving the boat
8. Do your shopping for the upcoming week before embarkation - food, drinks and non-food items.
9. Track the weather forecast and plan your trips accordingly to it.
10. Do not forget to leave your worries at home!
NOW YOU CAN SET YOUR SAILS OFF!